Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Where is the IQ Bed manufactured?
- All materials present in the Sleep Scholars IQ Bed are made in the USA. The mattresses are assembled and shipped from our facility in Florida. So many other memory foam mattresses present in the market today use cheap fillers and foam, and are assembled with parts made outside of the USA. We use only the finest Plant-Based Memory Foam in the construction of our beds; we do not use the noxious smelling petroleum-based foam that our peers do.
- 2. How do I order the IQ Bed or Memory Foam Topper?
- Simply go to the product’s page that you are interested in and scroll to the bottom for quick and easy online ordering, or contact our Customer Service Line 24 hours a day.
- Purchase the IQ Bed HERE
- Purchase the Memory Foam Topper HERE
- 3. How can I pay for your products?
- You may use any major credit card, paypal, or GE Financing to purchase our products. The terms of the GE promotions change, and you must be approved before we can ship you your bed.
- 4. What are the dimensions and weight of the IQ Bed?
- Twin - 39" x 75", weight 69 lbs
- Twin XL - 39" x 80", 75 lbs
- Full - 53" x 75", 93 lbs
- Queen - 60" x 80", 114 lbs
- King - 76" x 80", 139 lbs
- Cal King - 72" x 84", 138 lbs
- 5. What is the exact composition (layers of foam) of the IQ Bed?
- 2" of ES (extra-soft) 4lb Natural Plant-Based Memory Foam Comfort Layer. The memory foam is derived from the Castor Seed, and doesn’t have the noxious smell associated with petroleum-based memory foam.
- 2" of SpringTex Hybrid Foam, Inverted and Convoluted, provides a resilient, pressure relieving Support Layer. SpringTex has characteristics of both memory foam and latex foam, and ultimately gives the IQ Bed the resiliency so many folks are looking for.
- 7" of Plant-Based Orthopedic Base Foam. This provides the ideal foundation for the comfort layers to operate on.
- 6. How are they shipped, will I be notified?
- The IQ Bed is roll-packed for safety during shipping and so it can be easily moved once it arrives at your home, and shipped in 3 mm thick plastic in a double-corrugated cardboard box measuring:
- Twin and Twin XL - 50 x 19 x 19
- Full and Queen - 50 x 19 x 19
- King and Cal King - 61 x 19 x 19
- We use Fedex for all shipments and you’ll receive an email with the tracking number as soon as they are picked up.
- Our lead-time to produce the IQ Bed is about 3 days. They are shipped Fedex Ground once produced. You can expect to receive your product in 5-10 business days after placing your order.
- 7. What if my bed is damaged during shipment
- While rare due to the sophisticated shipping methods we employ, in the event of a damaged bed, just refuse the delivery or take a picture of the damaged product and we will retrieve it ASAP. A replacement bed will be rush-delivered to your door.
- 8. Can you use the IQ Bed with an adjustable foundation?
- Absolutely! We actually encourage using adjustable foundations due to the comfort and health options they can offer individuals.
- With some mattresses (innerspring, inflexible foam mattresses, etc.) you have to worry that you will damage the mattress when using an adjustable foundation. The IQ Bed can easily be bent and are safe to use with adjustable foundations.
Please view our Adjustable Bed Buying Guide
- 9. What is the money back trial and warranty on the mattresses?
- Please view our warranty page.
- 10. What is Springtex, and what makes this type of foam so special?
- SpringTex Foam is the next great advancement in the bedding industry. It combines the pressure-relieving properties of visco-elastic memory foam with the medium-resiliency of latex foams. This hybrid foam is the secret to the IQ Bed.
- SpringTex allows much more airflow— in other words breathability—than either memory foam or latex foam, keeping you as cool as possible. It also conforms to the weight and shape of your body to reduce motion transfer.
- At the same time, SpringTex is simultaneously resilient (slightly bouncy). When combined beneath a layer of memory foam, you get an incredibly comfortable sleeping surface that offers a level of comfort unachievable by memory foam or latex foam alone.
- 11. What foundation should I use with my IQ Bed?
- Memory and latex foam mattresses perform best on flat, solid surfaces. A Boxspring may work as long as they do not have any indentations or sags. Generally, we recommend our specially designed foundations for their durability and sturdiness. Metal or wood foundations are the best for use with foam mattresses, but they may require a little bit of assembly. The solid wood foundations we offer at Sleep Scholars come with all the tools and instructions you’ll need to assemble it. The average person takes about 10 minutes to assemble the Sleep Scholars foundation.
Simple assembly and care instructions for the IQ Bed and memory foam topper pads.
Your IQ Bed and Memory Foam Topper Pad are made from the highest grade foams available on the market. For shipping purposes they were folded, machine rolled, (not vacuum-sealed) into a double corrugated cardboard box. The compression to fit in the box will not affect the performance of either the mattress or topper and they should regain their full shape within 30 minutes. (You only have to worry about memory foam being compressed when it is low-grade petroleum-based foam, as the memory cells may not open up. We’ve also seen that especially with Chinese memory foam, chemicals are used to aid in the compressed storage. These chemicals are the real reason behind the horror stories of a memory foam mattress never regaining its full shape)
Please use caution when opening the cardboard box. Use scissors to cut through the tape and open the box. Pull the plastic-wrapped IQ Bed or topper out of the box. Do Not use scissors to cut through the plastic wrap, but remove it by hand. Please use caution to avoid tearing the foam. We recommend placing the product on a foundation beforehand, so that when it decompresses it’s already where you want it and you won’t have to deal with moving a heavy, bulky object. Center the mattress or topper and allow it to recover naturally. You may notice a slight odor, this is completely natural and it will dissipate within the next few days.
Care and Use
Cleaning: Simply spot wash by hand with warm water and mild detergent. Rinse and gently wring out. Allow product to air dry prior to use. Do not machine wash or dry.
Safety: Fire safety precautions should always be followed. You may use an electric blanket, but be sure it is in good working condition and UL approved with no visible wear or frayed wiring.
Use: You will never have to flip or rotate your IQ Bed or Memory Foam topper.